The place name Prachiosso comes from the Latin “Pratum chiusum” (closed meadow), reflecting the particular exposure of this area within a natural amphitheatre.
The vineyards, located in the Sant’Anna hamlet of Monteu Roero, rise on the south side of the valley. The vineyard, which has been cultivated with vines since 1200, was purchased by Angelo Negro in the 1960s from a local aristocrat, and planted in 1971.
The soils feature calcareous sandy and the vineyard sits at an altitude of 320 metres above sea level. Southerly exposure conveys a sturdy structure and good body to the Roero made here.
We use no herbicides and the harvest is carried out by hand: the grapes are picked and placed in 20 kg crates to preserve their quality.